Tuesday 10 November 2015

La Kitchenette Souris: Pumpkin Cake

I seem to be doing a lot of recipes that are so perfect for fall, I am just a little late to the scene, for most Canadians. 

However, November is a great month to make fall like items, so here is another excellent recipe to add to your collection!

Sadly, I forgot to take a proper photo of it before bundling it up onto plates & delivering to various locations, so I will post the photo of the plates, despite it not really showing the cake. HAHA

Next time I make it, perhaps I will do a quick reblog & update this post with a proper photo.

I highly recommend this cake!


Pumpkin Cake


1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin (I used fresh pumpkin~ way better!)
2 cups flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sour milk (you may need to add a little more milk ~ I believe I added about 3 more Tablespoons)

Blend all together & bake at 350F, in 2 8 inch round pans for 25-30 minutes, or in an 8x13 inch pan for 40-45 minutes. 
To test, stick a toothpick or knife in & when it comes out clean, it's done.

Serve with whipped cream & cinnamon, or layer together using a cream cheese frosting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment