Friday 23 October 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Food Adventures

I thought perhaps it was time I did a very specific post just about the food I've been consuming & actually thought to photograph the past month and a half. 

In September, Mom & I headed off to Calories, a little healthy boutique cafe in downtown Saskatoon, for an amazing lunch!
I completely forgot to share here... but I highly recommend this restaurant!

The Drink: Homemade Saskatoon Berry Lemonade

The Meal: I forget what it was called, but it was Wild Rice Whole Grain Bread with this sort of Garlic-Parmesan Stuffed Chicken inside, with sides of Fries & Coleslaw


The Dessert: Cappuccino Cheesecake


Then, onto my Newfoundland food experiences .
Sadly I didn't photograph the amazing chocolates I had...

At Woodstock Colonial Restaurant, I had Pasta Primavera, which was so delicious, I was wishing I had the recipe so I could make it at home.
The Garlic Bread was very unusual... personally I felt something was missing, perhaps some strong cheddar on top...


At The Duke, I had the classic meal of Fish 'n' Chips, but didn't take a photo of the Homemade Tartar Sauce that accompanied it. Wow, yummy!


At Mifflins Tea Room out in Bonavista, I had a simple but very delicious bowl of Mac 'n' Cheese. They didn't skimp on the cheese, which is important in such a meal!
The Blueberry Black Tea was so fabulous I bought a bag to bring home & now my parents are hooked on it as well. 
Someone, ship me some more!


The dessert at Mifflins Tea Room was equally delicious, Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
They served a large piece, more than I could ever consume in one sitting.
You definitely get what you paid for!


Back home again, I have basically done "zero" cooking or baking, beyond these Mini Pumpkin Pies!
They are a lot of work, but delicious & I will be blogging the recipe really soon!


Mom made some cupcakes for my birthday, and I did the icing decorating on top.
When in doubt, just go with Chocolate Cupcakes & Buttercream Frosting.
Simple, classic, delicious.


On my birthday, we went out to Montana's Cookhouse for lunch.

I ordered one of my favorite things there, Chorizo Flatbread, minus the onions. heehee
It is so delicious! 

I got to have it twice this week as I went there with a friend a few days later!


Since it was my birthday, Montanas embarrassed me thoroughly, but gave me a free dessert, which has a warm cookie on the bottom, then ice cream & fudge sauce on top!


My latest food adventure was discovering a Marble Slab Creamery in Saskatoon, for the first time.
Super expensive.
But large servings & very delicious product!


Looking forward to more food adventures in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment