Tuesday 26 May 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Chocolate Sour Cream Cookies

I made these quite some time ago already, but just haven't gotten around to blogging the recipe!

I am just really busy with my jobs, yard-work/gardening, & then other events. 
When I get time to sit down & blog or write letters, I am too tired. 

I suppose it will all get done eventually.

For now, I hope you will enjoy this recipe!

It is a bit different, but yummy!
I would make it again. 


Chocolate Sour Cream Cookies


1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
1/4 cup water
3 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup nuts (optional~ I didn't include any)

Place coffee & water in a small pot & bring to a boil.
Add chocolate & stir until melted.
Set aside to cool.

Sift flour, salt & baking soda together & set aside.

In a large bowl, cream Crisco, then add brown sugar & mix as well as possible, preferably until crumbly.
Add unbeaten egg & chocolate-coffee mixture.
Beat well.

Measure sour cream & add to Crisco mixture alternately with dry flour mixture.
Mix until well blended.
(Use a wooden spoon~ it's thick, but still too soft to use your hands)

Stir in nuts, if using. 

Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes.

Frost with white icing while warm & sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.

Makes 3 dozen small cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment