Tuesday 17 February 2015

La Kitchenette Souris: Mustard Glazed Ham & Assorted Vegetables

You know those days where you have a very basic "I don't care how this turns out as long as it's halfway edible" sort of cooking days? 

Or those days where you just want to stay in your pajamas while you cook & not look like a human being, and basically just say, "Okay. Supper is ready. Eat when you are hungry."

That's the day I had planned for today.

Plans changed.

My grandparents ended up coming over & staying for supper!

So for a while, I was kind of in a panic as to how I would get supper together and have it balanced and there be enough food...

Thank goodness that I have already done a fair amount of cooking because experience helps when it comes to throwing  a meal together last minute!

I got a ham in the oven. 
Made my own recipe for the flavoring of it!

Mustard Glazed Ham



1 medium sized boneless ham
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
Dash of Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper

Mix water, lemon juice, and mustard in the bowl you plan on cooking the ham in. 

Rub salt and pepper into ham, then place in sauce.

Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 350F.


For side dishes, I served:

Corn, Carrots, & Beans
(just pulled out of the freezer)
Mushrooms & Peppers with Fresh Tarragon, sauteed in butter, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and Italian Seasoning
(no measurements, just my own recipe, which means I toss a bunch of things into a pot, heat it up and then say "Ready!" hahaha ... the life of a chef never makes a lot of sense...)


Here are the grandparents, digging in and they certainly seemed to enjoy!

I also sent home some left-overs for them, so they have lunch tomorrow.


For dessert, we just pulled out the remaining goodies from yesterdays Valentine's meal, so it really worked out quite well! 

And I have a bit more cooking experience to write down in my little notebook, and get me a few more steps closer to my goal of 365 in 365!

No comments:

Post a Comment