Saturday 28 February 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : French Bread a' la Gourmet

This recipe is entirely my own creation!

I had this idea in my head, then was watching a show & they were eating something similar, so I thought, "Why not try to come up with my own creation?" 

Turns out, this is now going to be a family favorite.
Even my Dad raved about it... and it takes something really good & yet basic to get a solid compliment from him. Haha

I had no idea what to call this recipe, so hence, the very generic name... maybe I will come up with a better one some day. 

For now I am very excited to share this recipe with you! 


French Bread a' la Gourmet


1 loaf fresh French Bread, thickly sliced
(now I used a larger short loaf, not the long thin kind!)

Melt 1 cup butter (you may need more or less depending on the size of your loaf, but just make sure bread is well soaked), with a dash of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper in a frying pan, and grill the bread slices until golden & partially crispy.

Place on baking sheet.

Then place ......
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Dash each of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, dried chili peppers, dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried summer savory, pizza spice

.....in frying pan & heat until sizzling. (Should only take a minute or less)

Toss in:
1 1/2 cups fresh peppers, diced
1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced

Saute approx 5 minutes or until tender.
Place on top of grilled bread.

Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

Broil on High in oven for approx 2-3 minutes, watch carefully!

Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. well it's official, you have now made "fancy" foods!

    ReplyDelete