Friday 27 February 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : After 8 Mint Cookies

These cookies are to die for!

If you are a serious lover of After 8 mints, make these RIGHT NOW. ♥

I believe they will be my new obsession & quite likely to frequent any establishment I shall find myself dwelling in & should I ever open a tea shoppe & cafe.... these will be #1 on the list of goodies to be served along side a good cup of tea.

They are very easy to make & the ingredients are basic.
I used a cheaper quality extract & it still tasted grand! So no need to go buying the really pricey bottle!


After 8 Mint Cookies


1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1 teaspoon peppermint extract/flavoring
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Add vinegar to milk in a small bowl.
Set aside.

Cream shortening & sugar, add egg & flavoring, then add milk mixture & mix well.

Sift dry ingredients into wet mixture & knead until dough no longer crumbles.
It does remain sort of crumbly, but the longer you work it, the more the shortening warms & holds it all together nicely.

Roll into balls (I did about 1-2 inch balls) & bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.

Drizzle icing over tops while cookies are still warm.

I suggest making your icing by combining 4 Tablespoons icing sugar with 2 Tablespoons milk & a couple drops of peppermint extract.
It tasted like the filling in After 8 Mints & made just the right amount for this batch of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment