Sunday 11 January 2015

La Kitchenette Souris: Honey Dijon Chicken & Greek Salad

Tonight I am sharing another entire meal with you! 

I accompanied these two items with Buttered Rice, which is the perfect light, healthy side dish. 

Tomorrow's post will be a cookie recipe which makes the perfect dessert for this meal, should you wish to have one. 



Honey Dijon Chicken

1/3 cup Dijon mustard (I used hot)
1/3 cup honey
1 Tablespoons dried dill (you can also use 2 Tablespoons of fresh, chopped dill)
1 pound (approx 4 pieces) chicken parts (breasts or legs)

Combine mustard, honey, and dill. Refrigerate.

Preheat oven to 400F.  

Prepare chicken~ remove skin. Dip in sauce. 
Place in baking pan, with a little water in the bottom.

Baste every 20 minutes until chicken is done. 

I covered the pan with aluminum foil for the first 25 minutes, then removed it and let it brown for the rest of the time it was in the oven. Basting it often prevented the chicken from burning, and it was quite tender. 

♥ 

Greek Salad

1/2 head of Romaine lettuce
4 tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 green pepper, seeded
1 white or red onion
6 oz pitted black olives (I bought canned & sliced them myself)
1/4 pound feta cheese (I bought pre-crumbled)

I cut up all these items as prettily as I could, and then left them in individual bowls, so that each guest could create their salad as they wished. 

Much more practical & then you can use un-eaten vegetables for other meals, such as soups or stir fries.

Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (or a couple squirts of bottled lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian Seasoning)
salt & pepper to taste 

Serve Fresh. 

1 comment:

  1. I love honey dijon chicken! The recipe I use is slightly different, but I imagine the effect is about the same for both - delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete