Thursday 31 July 2014

This Weary Mind of Mine [Written By Bekah]

Spinning...
Whirling...


The blurry shapes flying by...
Over and over and over. 


Confusion...
Bewilderment...


The tunnels all look the same...
One merging into the other. 


Hopelessness...
Despair...


A deep well of sadness...
With no bottom. 

*plink plink plink*

A myraid of stones...
Like my thoughts...


Each one different...
Slowly falling and disappearing. 


I gaze at the pictures in my mind...
Searching for the one with the map on it...


A guide for me to follow...
As I take these next steps. 


But the pictures...
They begin to move...
Faster and faster and faster...


Until they scatter off and
Leave my soul gasping in the darkness. 


Panic...
Begin to loose control...


To spiral downwards...
A never-ending ride. 


Insecurity...
Self-doubting...


Quivering like a scared dog
In a thunder storm.


This.


This is the mind of a creative soul,
Who after many struggles, 
Has lost the heart to search, 
For a new purpose.



This.


This is my mind.


This is the mind I live with,
Day in,
Day out. 


A mind that never shuts off,
Or slows down,
Nor stops churning. 



This is the mind many people do not understand,
Could not understand,
Would not want to understand. 



This is the mind of...
A Dreamer,
A Revoluntionary,
A Reformer. 



This is the mind I will...
Live by,
Stand by,
Fight by, 
Die by. 




But for now, this mind is merely...

Weary. 




[All photos found via Google. All credit goes to the original photographers/designers]


2 comments:

  1. This mind is not only weary; it's in a serious depression.

    I've followed the lives of a number of singers and writers and it does seem like these very sensitive, creative minds often go through bouts of major depression. They either get medical help or they totally crash. Please talk to Ruth K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, girl! You are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete